Sunday, March 25, 2012

She's only Seventeen! (Weeks)

It's that time again!  That time when Sara forces me to update this blog :)

I hope that everyone is doing wonderful!  It was another gorgeous day.  I took both dogs to the state park for about a 5 mile hike and found some more morel mushrooms along the way - I cooked up a batch for dinner, delicious.  Sara went to the gym for a workout on Saturday morning, and she's been experiencing some pain in the lower left side of her head.  Our research is saying it might be a pinched nerve, but any other thoughts are appreciated!  Sara and I were feeling productive today and made a trip to Lowe's to buy some stones and mulch.  We used the stones to build a fire pit, and it turned out great!

Sara's body is definitely taking a more pregnant shape, especially after she eats a meal.  We are expecting to feel that baby kick or punch any time now - Sara thought that she might have felt it this morning.  She is still feeling great and taking great care of herself.  She is feeling like it might be a boy, but I am positive there is a little Joshelina in there.

In week 17, here is what was happen in Baby Wiencken's world...

Baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.  Baby can move his/her joints and sweat glands are starting to develop (hopefully the only thing he/she gets from me!)  Baby is the size of an onion this week and growing fast.

We sent out the e-vite, but as a reminder, the date for our family cookout to get together and find out the sex of the baby is Saturday, April 14th at one.  I have spoken to most of you, and we hope that you can make it!  But we totally understand if you can't.

Here are pictures of Sara from Week 17...







We will talk to you all again soon.  We spoke to my Mom tonight, and we know that she's at a pretty low point in this cancer battle.  Please keep her in your prayers... she needs this now more than ever!

Love,

Josh, Sara & Tiddlywink

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be there for the gender reveal party...please call me after you have made the announcement! XXOO

    ReplyDelete