Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pregnancy is over half way done!

Ladies & Gents, we are having a Baby Girl!!!

We could not be more excited and absolutely cannot wait to meet her.  Now that we know, it seems like everything changes.  Time to prepare her room, come up with name options, and buy a shotgun!

We had so much fun last weekend with everyone that could make it to the cookout.  The rain tried to spoil our fun, but we didn't let it.  Especially Uncle JJ and Uncle Drew who both had headaches the next morning.  Thank you to everyone that was able to make the trip, we had a blast finding out the news with all of you.

Sara is still feeling like a pregnancy warrior and continues to fly through with no complaints.  She is feeling her move around a lot now, but I am still having a tough time feeling it by putting my hand on her stomach.  I feel more when I put my hand on my own stomach after downing a Beefy 5-Layer Burrito from Taco Bell.  As my little princess grows, I am sure her kicks and punches will become stronger.

Here are the developments that were happening in our Baby Girl in Week 20 and Week 21:

Week 20

She is around 7 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel - the length of a banana.  She is swallowing a lot more these days (not what this soon to be father wants to hear), which is good practice for her digestive system.  The top of Sara's uterus is about level with her belly button, and she is right on schedule with her 10lb weight gain.  I don't know if my weight gain was part of this schedule.

Week 21

In week 21, she has grown to the length of a carrot, about 10.5 inches long.  Her fluttering movements have turned into full-fledged kicks and nudges (Sara can attest to this, she thought the baby attempted her first cartwheel yesterday).  Her eyebrows and eyelids are present now (I wonder if she is already practicing "the look" that will force me to give her whatever she wants.)

Here are Sara's pics from Week 20, we don't have this weeks photos yet...












Thanks for reading, we love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. We sure can't wait to meet this sweet little gal! Jim & Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete