Thursday, January 19, 2012

8 Weeks = 7 Weeks?

Hello Friends & Family,


We have had an exciting week. First we were able to bring Mom home from the hospital on Sunday for some much needed r&r after her first round of chemo. We also had our first official doctor's appointment yesterday. Sara and I weren't exactly sure what to expect when we went, and we were so excited/nervous when we entered the exam room and saw the ultrasound machine. My anxiety went through the roof. Was the baby still growing? Was there more than one baby in there? Was the baby mine?


Well, we were able to get two out of those three questions answered. As Sara got violated by Dr. Ertel, my eyes were glued to the screen. My heart raced as I waited to see my unborn child for the first time. Then, right before our eyes, Baby Wiencken appeared! That's right, there was just one Baby Wiencken (whew!). From the size of the baby, Dr. Ertel informed us that we were officially 7 weeks and a couple of days along (we thought we were 8+). This immediately made me nervous, because I thought the baby might have stopped growing a week ago. What happened next eliminated those fears as she turned on the audio and let us hear the heartbeat for the first time. As that little heart was beating loud and strong, I felt like mine had stopped. It was maybe the coolest moment of my life thus far, and I have had some cool moments (I don't think I need to remind anyone of my 14 points against Honey Creek to win the 7th grade County Championship game).


Sara and I just felt so blessed to have the confirmation that Baby Wiencken was still growing! Our new due date is September 1st. This would be the same birthday as our other son (4 year old boxer Sampson). We tried to inform him of the (bad) news, but I don't think it was sinking in. Here are the pictures that we received from our ultrasound:

The Tiddlywink!

Extreme close-up

Here's the heartbeat - 168 beats per minute = strong!!!


Tiddlywink measuring 1.19 cm


Tiddlywink measuring 1.12 cm


Our next monthly appointment is on Valentine's Day morning.  That date seems fitting!


Here are the weekly pictures of the proud mother-to-be and her baby bump progress (ignore the 8 weeks sign, it's 7 weeks!)





Talk to you soon!


Love,


Josh, Sara & Tiddlywink

No comments:

Post a Comment